As we prepare for the 2011 National Pay for Performance Summit, healthcare delivery in the US is set to experience unprecedented change. The Affordable Care Act puts healthcare quality and payment reform front-and-center with plans for a National Strategy for healthcare quality, performance measurement and reporting initiatives for Medicare and Medicaid providers, performance-based payments for hospitals and physicians, and numerous payment reform pilots and demonstration projects.
The 2011 National Pay for Performance Summit is perfectly timed, as CMS will have released many of the new regulations required under the Act, and participants will hear from individuals within government about the impacts that these regulations will have on care delivery. Participants will also hear from leaders in the field working to implement innovative quality improvement and payment reform programs who can relate health reform to the work being carried out in their organizations.
Conference elements will include keynote addresses from senior executive leaders and national policy makers that highlight challenges and opportunities presented by the new law, with ample opportunity for audience participation, questions and answers.
The preconference symposia and mini-summits will provide in-depth perspectives on a variety of topics related to pay for performance, payment methods, and performance measurement. Concurrent sessions offer several best practices and case studies from experienced executives and experts.
For decades, we have worked tirelessly to improve healthcare quality, access, and efficiency, and we see the Affordable Care Act as a validation of this work. The 2011 Pay for Performance Summit gives us a chance to reflect on how far we have come, and what we need to do in order to move forward.
National Pay for Performance Summit Topics:
- Pay for Performance - Health Reform Implications
- Pay for Performance - Latest Trends and Research
- Pay for Performance - State of the Art Case Studies
- Pay for Performance - Hospital P4P and Patient Safety
- Pay for Performance - Physician P4P Programs
- Pay for Performance - New Health Plan Initiatives
- Pay for Performance - Government Programs
- Pay for Performance - International Programs
- Pay for Performance - Diverse Populations
- Payment Methods - Bundled Episode Payment
- Payment Methods - Medical Home
- Payment Methods - Performance Based Contracting
- Payment Methods - Capitation and Global Payment
- Performance Measurement - IT Meaningful Use
- Performance Measurement - Efficiency Measurement
- Performance Measurement - Measurement and Data Collection
- Performance Measurement - Accountable Care Organizations