The primary goal of the 2010 Summit is to continue the important ongoing dialogue about the appropriate role and structure of pay for performance in both the private and public sectors. This includes exploring key policy issues and practical challenges for implementing pay for performance, its potential to achieve meaningful improvements in quality and efficiency, and its influence on healthcare delivery. Further, the 2010 Summit will feature new payment methods within the context of general healthcare payment reform.
The Summit will include presentations, panel discussions and case studies from leading researchers, policy experts and pay for performance administrators. Technical experts in performance measurement, data collection, public reporting, incentive design, and new payment methods will also lend their experience and perspectives to the Summit proceedings.
Senior executive leaders and national policy makers will provide keynote presentations on the most current healthcare reform landscape, implications for CMS, payment reform methods, and the use of incentives to improve quality and efficiency in the next generation of pay for performance. There will be ample opportunity for audience participation, questions and answers.
The pre-conference symposia allows key learning opportunities for attendees interested in pay for performance for "newcomers" or in-depth sessions on pay for performance and new payment methods.
The Mini Summits and concurrent sessions will provide in-depth perspectives on a variety of topics. These forums will offer case studies, current information and active audience participation. Concurrent sessions are organized by "track" and offer several best practices and case studies from experienced executives and experts.
National Pay for Performance Summit Topics:
- Pay for Performance / Hospital P4P and Patient Safety
- Pay for Performance / Physician P4P Programs
- Pay for Performance / Value Based Purchasing
- Pay for Performance / Efficiency Measurement
- Pay for Performance / IT Enabled Care / Data Collection
- Pay for Performance / Government Programs
- Pay for Performance / International Programs
- Pay for Performance / Measurement and Data Collection
- Payment Methods / Gain Sharing
- Payment Methods / Bundled Episode Payment
- Payment Methods / Hospital Readmissions
- Payment Methods / Accountable Care Organizations
- Payment Methods / Capitation and Global Payment